Learn to Hang and Adjust Doors and Casings
The Door Casings and Door Hanging Course
DURATION - 2 Days - Weekdays
PRICE - Normally £220 including VAT and materials recycling charge
DIY Woodworking Courses at The DIY School in Manchester enable men and women to learn basic woodworking skills to enable them to tackle a wide range of common DIY repair and improvement tasks around the home and garden. The DIY Woodworking courses are a great follow on from the Beginners Tool Use Course . The woodworking courses can save you hundreds of pounds by teaching you how to fit doors and casings.
Learning to Fit Door Locks
Fitting Door Casings and Doors
What practical skills will you learn on the Door Hanging Course?
- How to build a new door casing.
- How to fit a door casing.
- How to hang a door.
- How to fit an internal lever door lock.
- How to fit a rim and mortice lock to an external door.
- How to adjust a new door to fit an existing casing.
- How to cut and fit architrave.
What practical skills will you learn on this Woodworking Course?
- How to plan and measure a woodworking project.
- How to cut different joints ie; mortice & tenon etc.
- How to cut accurately using hand and power tools.
- How to fit all components together using pegged,screwed and glued joints
Course Dates & Bookings
Click above to book your course dates. To book family/parent & teen places and to enquire about extra dates please contact us for availability.
DIY Course Students Feedback
I feel more independent now -
Donna Rees- DIY Home Handyman Courses
I feel more confident + able to undertake tasks covered in a safe and effective way.
Kelly Rudd - DIY Home Handyman Courses
Brilliant, friendly, welcoming, useful
Vivien Walsh - DIY Home Handyman Courses
Great. We can now do those little things that cost the most ourselves
Ashley and Dan Greenwood - DIY Home Handyman Courses and DIY Tool Use
The course was set at exactly the right level for what I wanted to achieve
Daryl Foil - DIY Home Handyman Courses and DIY Tool Use
Enjoyable, Learn Essentials. Practical rather than theory.
Mohammed Jumrati - DIY Home Handyman Courses